Basil Boxwood - 4" Pot
1469Regular price $4.00 Save $-4.00
Boxwood basil is named for its shape — like a little boxwood. It originated in France for making pesto, but unlike the large-leaved basils, Boxwood has tiny leaves and a tight, fine-textured form. Like other basils, it likes warm weather and is easy to grow. Just clip stems as needed, trimming more before flowering if you need a lot of leaves at one time. Never remove all the leaves or cut back to the woody stems or you’ll end up with a skeleton. The little leaves of this variety make it easy to sprinkle the fresh flavor of basil on just about anything.
- Type warm-season annual
- Planting time after last frost in spring
- Features aromatic leaves with classic basil flavor
- Light full sun to part shade
- Soil fertile, moist, but well drained
- Spacing 12 inches
- Plant Size12 to 16 inches tall and up to 12 inches wide
- Garden use Plant singly in containers, in mixed containers, or as an edging in garden.
- Culinary use In the kitchen, tender young stems can be used with the leaves.